Wednesday, December 15, 2004

(bulk email): Congratulations on becoming a powerseller

Welcome to a community of sellers that have achieved exceptional level of success and positive feedback on eBay!

Um.. never used eBay. Sorry.

We invite you to join us as a PowerSeller

If you agree with this rank please register by accesing your account within 24 hours

Um...why does that link go to www.recipieforsuccess.com/suckerspleaseclickhere ?

Very Important !
The registration is active only once.

Why become a PowerSeller?
PowerSellers are eBay top sellers who have sustained a consistent high volume of monthly sales and a high level of total feedback with 98% positive or better.

Hmmm, I've enver actually gotten any feed back , positive or negative. But then again , I've never bought or sold anything on ebay either. Hmmmm... very powerful seller am I ..

When I go to the indicated link, it takes me to a page that looks just like ebay. Hmmm.... phising scam I see....


woah, the real ebay site has live chat , I think maybe I'll ask them about this ....

Wound up forwarding the email to spoof@ebay.com after a chat session and letting them
worry about it. Tried to copy and paste the chat session , but it wouldn't copy :( bummer.



3 comments:

kitten said...

To funny. You never used Ebay and you got this? They are constantly sending me scam warnings.....

Anonymous said...

Hi Ottawa Dude, Out surfing for information on ebay & happened upon your site. While (bulk email): Congratulations on becoming a powerseller wasn't exactly spot on, it did strike a note with me. Thank you for the really good read.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ottawa Dude, been looking for the latest info on join ebay and found (bulk email): Congratulations on becoming a powerseller. Though not exactly what I was searching for, it did get my attention. Interesting post, thanks for a great read.