Friday, November 22, 2013

A day for a retired techie

A stunning day of adventure in the life of a retired techie....



So I'm playing wow , and I get this quest to go rescue a goblin,
but when I open the flight point map , it's just blank ..for a bit,
and then it loads.

Girlfriend , are you running anything heavy ? No , how about the
room mates ?

Oh right , I can check that on my router.  so I close the game,
go to the router's control page, and what do I see ? Seven
devices. Two named android (probably phones) , one named playbook
(Probably a black berry playbook) and a couple or three computers.

Do you know your room mates have hooked up two phones and a
black berry hooked up , and you're only charging them 15$ a
month ? I could ban the mac addresses.

No , don't do anything tonight. She doesn't feel like fighting with them.

Back to the game. I'm in Northrend , in that quest where
you get transformed into a female Vylkul giant, evil creatures
because THEY'RE FULLY CLOTHED ! I mean like , even a priest has
less clothing than they do ! What kind of game is this where
you can't stop and look down the shirt of your own charactar
and admire her breasts ?

Oh , and they enslaved all their males and have them working
in a mine, and I get a quest to go kill the rebels who don't
like being slaves to women. But thats just par for the course
in a video game.

*Sigh* Now girlfriend is pissed. What do you mean two phones
and a play book ? what the heck is a playbook (it's the
blackberry version of an iPad) . Ok ok , I'll ban the mac's
after midnight when they're all asleep. Sheesh .

Back to the game. Kill the male rebels , become best friends
with the cruel dominatrix who's running the mine , sent off
to kill a female Vylkul this time. I'm supposed to "do it
gently, she is a female after all " .

Playbook is 600$ - 1000$ . Android phones start at 200$ and go
up. And room mate complains at the 15$ / month she's supposed
to pay for her share of the internet. And she's using so much
that my game is lagging.  Invasion of privacy knowing all this ?
Well...she's cheating us and interfering in our enjoyment of
our internet. She's lucky we don't just lock her out entirely.
We'll leave her lap top connected , that's all we agreed to.

Now where is that stupid goblin I'm supposed to rescue ?

No comments: