Thursday, November 11, 2010

Return of the Wireless Toaster

My friend the paranoid schizophrenic called the other day, said he had some time off work next week if I wanted to have a coffee with him.

Hmm...time off work.

Last time I checked he didn't have a job , and swore up and down he'd never work again.

You know ... an unstable paranoid schizophrenic holding down a job ... umm... unstable people generally don't do that. They'd rather be out on the street freezing to death.

hmmm.....

Well ok ... I suppose I can risk a cup of coffee on the off chance he's cured, or maybe never was paranoid , or whatever weirdness might have happened.

So I meet up with him.

He actually went back to work some number of months ago. He didn't want to , he swore up and down he never would, but they made him , so he went. And he fired that lawyer who was leeching all his money and giving him nothing for it.

Hmm....paranoid schizophrenics wouldn't return to work , wouldn't deal with these issues, would just ignore them actually. That would be the "Schizophrenic" part of disease, the innability to deal with reality. Apparently being paranoid is ok , maybe even normal , it's only when it interfere's with your ability to deal with reality that the psychologists get all interested in it.

Hmm...he's still got his car. In fact, he tells me , the lease ran out on it and he bought it. Hmm... I would have bet long odds he would have lost it long ago.

Ok. Time for the big test. "Do you still think I work for a government agency thats out to kill you ? "

"I never said that ! You're paraphrasing ! Thats not what I meant ..." yadda yadda yadda...

Well..ok. Good enough for me. You don't throw a 20+ year friendship away if you really don't have to , they're kind of hard to replace , and it looks like I don't have to. So hey !

Welcome back , Wireless Toaster.

1 comment:

Toaster Oven said...

Wow!!!! Amazing information. I never heard about the Wireless Toaster. Thanks so much for sharing this nice post. Thanks.....