Wednesday, June 02, 2010

You Have just won .. "Click"

Ontario man bilked of $150,000 in email scam

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/01/14/email-scam.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g4:r5:c0:b0#ixzz0piOzRctQ


A southern Ontario man says he now owes his friends and family $150,000 after international email scam artists bilked him of the funds by convincing him he was about to inherit a fortune.



Let me educate you on proper protocal when receiving corospondance from total strangers.

"You have just one ..." Click ! Hang up the phone.

"Dear Mr Uttawa Bud , I have found your Blug a Fascinating Read but I wood like to interest you in an issue of sum concearn to me. My Uncle who lives in Somalia has inherited a fotune but needs to move it out of the country quickly before ... " Delete !

Ring Ring ? "Mr Ottawa Boy ? My name is Joyce , please stand by while I transfer you to Marlene " Click ! (Joyce is a computer doing cold calls..the tip off is she doesn't let you get a word in edgewise so you usually don't catch on she's a recording..usually is good enough for a telemarketter)










Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/01/14/email-scam.html?ref=rss&loomia_si=t0:a16:g4:r5:c0:b0#ixzz0piOpWviE

No comments: