Sunday, March 08, 2009

What time is it

Article = none , personal experiance

Ok, so do we lose an hour tonight or tommorow night or last night ? So I go to google and I type in "What Time Is It ?"

and it gives me the current time for my time zone and for my city. It actually says Ottawa , eastern standard time , on it. Not only as the first result , but it's actually in a different font (print type) and set up high and seperate from the rest.

Umm.... google covers all of north america. How do you know I'm in Ottawa ?
Well... it got my ip address, but it would have to go through my provider to tell where that is exactly , my provider does several cities after all.

It couldn't be by the tool bar or anything like that , I refuse to install that google tool bar , and I'm on firefox.

These corporations are all in league with each other. You don't have any private information anymore. People call my wife asking her to switch long distance carriers and actually name what carrier she has now (how did you know that , how did you get this number AND her name ?) People call me all the time on my wifes phone (I never answer), lately spammers been calling my cell phone from that bogus 416-000-xxxx which I know is a bogus exchange (they're cloaking where they're really calling from) it's all for sale to make a fast buck.

Until it gets stolen. then they take out a mortgage or buy a car in your name and stick you with the bills and the ruined credit rating. And the banks can't find them, so like that guy out in alberta they demanded he pay up even though he was the victem. Cause the banks don't want to lose money. (Personally I think Alberta is a third world country with stunts like that but thats just me).

Big business is the worst dictatorship out there. Think about it. where do you work ? See all those policies you have to enforce that you personally totally disagree with ? Now picture yourself as the victem of them. Think about your companies whole "It's just a numbers game ,we don't care if a few slip between the cracks we're just a business here to make money" attitude, and now see them slipping into the role of a government, slowly , one piece at a time.

No comments: