Tuesday, January 01, 2008

It's an Extra Operation , Stupid !

ok Ok, a few articles down I was ragging on the medical association for complaining that more doctors need to recoomend cosmetic surgury , like breast reconstruction (which is actually two extra operations)

My Aunt decided to put in her oar and point out that people need that to feel complete, they don't wanna feel like some monster walking around with lopped off parts (my words, not hers)

And I've been thinking about that.

I have a bag on my belly , due to medical problems (Chrones Disease (sp?) ), and I hide it. A lot. And I remember the first time they stuck it in my , promising me it would only be temporary , how upset I was. Then I was really upset when I asked the nurse how long is "temporary" and she said "probably only a few months". If I had had the strength I probably would have flipped out at that point.

So ... I gotta give her that point. People's self opinion does have a lot of bearing on the matter , even to the point of doing unneccesary operations. Im still not too happy about this bag on my belly (now two years later) and would give anything to get rid of it.

But thats not gonna happen. At least not in my case.

No comments: